Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Beginning

2012- The year of recovery.  
        I have been unable to do anything remotely crafty this year.  Going from daily sewing and cross stitching to nothing was almost more world altering than the surgery and withdrawal from xanax.
       Then December arrived and I actually wanted to stitch.  And my hands were good to go.  One of my withdrawal symptoms was trembly hands and they finally seem to be gone.  I am so happy about that.  Since all my sewing, scrapbooking, and jewelry supplies have been boxed up in preparation for our move home, all I had was my cross stitch basket.  And it is full of WIPs, UFOs, and kits I was buying for Christmas presents.  I wasn't quite ready to pick up the last item I was stitching, so I picked an unopened kit.  
       I have stitched every night this week.  I can't sit and stitch for long because my hands cramp up and become very painful.  Side effect of not stitching?  That is what I am thinking.  So here's to hoping that the more I do the more the symptoms will go away.  I am hoping that stitching actually helps me in my recovery process.



No comments:

Post a Comment