Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Quarter Stitches...Hate 'em

While I was learning to cross stitch my Oma never explained any other stitch besides cross stitches.  So as I got older and started buying my own kits I learned various other stitches such as lazy daisies, back stitches, and half stitches.  A couple of years ago I picked up some Disney kits for gifts and ran into the awful world of quarter stitches.  I have never hated stitching more than that.  I swore off Disney for that fact.

So after my last finish and cleaning up of my stash, one of the projects I picked was a Bucilla kit.



Doesn't look too bad, right?  Ugh.  I see that they have 1/4 and 3/4 stitches, but the pattern didn't look like it had that many.  So, I started stitching cause it is easier for me to pick up and put down an already started project when traveling. I have ended up doing all the shades of green.  Unfortunately, I forgot the 3/4 stitches and just made them 1/4 stitches.  I am trying to decide if I go back and correct or just leave it as is.  Ugh.






Just choppier than the included picture.  I may just finish it and then make a decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment