Sunday, September 1, 2013

Making it Better


I had been working on "Horse Pals" to give myself a break on "Blackstone" when a stitching group I am a part of started a biscornu exchange.  I was really looking forward to learning how to stitch one and put it together.  It took me nearly the entire 6 weeks given for the exchange to get it done.  I want to show it off so badly but I have to wait until it reaches it's new home.  Something to look forward to.

This spring I learned I was going to be an Aunt for the first time.  I always thought I would be so excited. Instead I was in such a dark place myself that all I could feel was jealousy and anger.  I hope I succeeded in keeping it to myself because deep down I knew I should be happy for her and was really looking forward to meeting this baby.  I just had no idea how I was going to get through her pregnancy.  Luckily, I changed my medications and was able to talk through most of my negativity  with my husband and now my therapist.  I ordered baby gear to be made for her by a friend of mine since I have no sewing area myself.  I waited until they found out they were having a girl and picked out a nursery theme.  I then found Savannah Birth Record by Dimensions.  It had her jungle theme and seemed easy to change colors on.

It has been.  I had a harder time than normal picking out the perfect fabric, but Deb at Stitches 'N Things helped so much.  Then I got to take all my purple thread and head to Babies 'R Us to try and match as closely as possible her nursery bedding.  I took "Blackstone" off it's scroll frame, put my beautiful lilac 28 ct linen on, did a floss toss just to double check that it all looked right, took a picture for all of you to see, and started stitching.  And it has been stitching up beautifully.  It has also made me feel less affronted and more like an Aunt.  I may never again be able to have a baby of my own but I can love and spoil my niece to death and hand her back to mommy.

It always amazes me what making x's on fabric can do for body, mind, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment