Friday, November 22, 2013

Run over by a Semi

October 26th started it all.  That morning I woke up with a muscle twinge.  That night I was in the ER for what we thought was appendicitis.  I was released cause they couldn't figure out what was going on.  Went to my primary on Monday and she thought gallbladder and sent me for a HIDA scan.  That determines the functionality of the gallbladder.  That took a week to get into and another week for results.  That came back normal so she sent me to a GI doc.  He said surgery Wednesday?  I said sure.  It can't be as bad as a spinal fusion, right?  And he uses the robot so just 1 incision.  I am looking for pain and nausea relief at this point.

I am pretty sure I didn't have surgery.  They just knocked me out and ran me over.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.  LOL

The day after the surgery is always the worst.  I know this, but it was worse than I thought. I think today is better but barely.  Praying this weekend really shows improvement.

"Blackstone Fantasy"
Progress 11/22/13
I had to frog some of the brown outline but it wasn't too bad.  Best tip ever - do all the green outline first.  It helps with getting the rest of everything in the right place.  Just a little bit more of that and then onto the brown outline.

Been too loopy to work on it or in too much pain or too tired.  Hoping that next week might see me better enough to stitch just a little.

Now it is time for me to finish up all my Christmas cards and goodies to get sent out for all my groups.  I have 2 Secret Santa's to finish up. Then to finish shopping and start wrapping. I love the holidays coming up!

Healthy Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, Lena, not fun at all! Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lena hope you feel better soon it's not funny being in that much pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie, pray you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, I hope you're on the mend now and the pain is gone. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so awesome! Thanks for the well wishes. I can finally say today that I think I might make it. I am feeling pretty good today. But there is still going to be a lot more resting as that seems to help the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your recovery from your surgery is a rapid one! Be careful how much you stitch when not feeling the best. I discovered the hard way that if I do too much stitching while not feeling up to par, as much as I want to stitch, I'll end up frogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done the same thing Lyn. No fun!!! But no matter how bad I thought I wanted to I refrained.

    We got back to the house last night and I was just exhausted. But my energy is up during the day and pain is down as well. This entire thing has just kicked my patoot.
    Thanks again for all the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete